The Engineering e2e Programme has a number of goals to increase engineering graduates in
- Aspiration - to create an aspiration for engineering as a career amongst potential students and the people that influence and support them.
- Preparation - to ensure that potential students are prepared for success in their tertiary studies. This could be engaging them in the right study choices at school, or supporting them to access well-designed bridging courses without incurring additional time and costs.
- Pathways - to develop a nation-wide network of engineering provision that enables learners to seamlessly staircase through the levels of engineering education according to individual aspirations and capability.
- Graduates - to increase the number of NZDE and BEngTech graduates.
- Settings - to identify barriers and impediments to goal achievement and recommend operational and wider policy changes as required for addressing these.
We will achieve these goals through four work streams:
- Promotion - a national marketing and promotion campaign
- Employer engagement - partnerships which provide opportunities for students to learn and up-skill
- Educational delivery - ensuring multiple, coherent pathways for learners
- Operational/policy parameters - developing more sustainable ways of funding engineering provision